Copyright © 2014 - 2023 Zbrainsoft.com | All Rights Reserved. Sitemap
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
In Excel, split the first and last word, or divide them by a delimiter or by the amount of characters.
Split first and last names, or values separated by a delimiter you provide, such as (- or, or /, etc.,,), or even split by character count. On large worksheets, Dose for Excel's Split function may simply split cell values with one click.
- Split first and last words
1. Check the "First and last words" option when splitting a range of cells.
2. Then select "Split" from the drop-down menu. The result will be as seen in the screenshot below.
- Split column by delimiter
1. Check the "Split column by delimiter" option after selecting a range of cells to split.
2. Choose a delimiter from the drop-down menu (comma, colon, semicolon, etc.) or choose "Custom" and type in the delimiter in the text box, for example (- or, or /, etc...).
3. Choose where you want to split ("Left-most-delimiter", "Right-most-delimiter", "Each occurrence of the delimiter")
4. Then select "Split" from the drop-down menu. The result will be as seen in the screenshot below.
Dose for Excel adds more than +100 new features and functions to your Excel.
Supported Excel versions: 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 14 days.
- Split column by number of characters
1. Check the "Split column by number of characters" option after selecting the range of cells to split.
2. Set the number of characters you'd want to separate.
3. Choose where you want to split ("Once, As far left as possible or Once", "As far right as possible or Repeatedly").
4. We choosed "Once, as far left as feasible" and "9" letters in the sample below.
5. Then select "Split" from the drop-down menu. The result will be as seen in the screenshot below.